St. Luke’s Episcopal School of Baton Rouge seeks a Head of School, effective date July 1, 2021. This is a full-time twelve (12) month position. The candidate must have a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in an independent school.
Challenging and nurturing Mind, Body, and Spirit, our community inspires students to lead lives of purpose, faith, and integrity.
Pre-K3 through 8th Grade
St. Luke’s is the only school in Baton Rouge with a K-8 Model.
St. Luke’s Episcopal School is approved by the Louisiana Department of Education and accredited by the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools.
Purpose of the Head of School
The Head of St. Luke’s Episcopal School works to advance the school’s mission and achieve the educational and operational goals of the school. The Head is responsible for the day-to-day academic and business operation of the School. The Head is responsible for internal and external matters across all curricula disciplines and across all programmatic offerings, as well as works with the various constituent groups within the school to maintain the academic integrity of the school.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be directly responsible to the Rector in all matters and to the Board of Trustees.
- Initiate and direct the development of school policies for Board approval and provide the Board with adequate information to help them reach sound decisions and establish policy.
- Prepare Board meeting agendas with the Board President and Secretary.
- Serve and attend as an ex-officio member all Board and Board committee meetings.
- Supervise the implementation of all Board policies.
- Report regularly to the Board about progress toward organizational objectives, financial status of the organization, and other issues of concern to the Board.
- Supervise the hiring, firings, and evaluation of all staff. Responsible for producing clearly written and consistent personnel policies in accordance with good practice and government regulation.
- To oversee the coordination and implementation of all curricular, co-curricular, extra-curricular, and disciplinary policy.
- To work with and direct administrative staff in the performance of their duties.
- Develop workshops, speakers for faculty and staff enrichment, and professional growth and development.
- Work with the Business office to prepare the annual budget for the Board approval.
- Approve expenditures within the limits of the Board approved budget.
- Provide information to the Board regarding purchases and expenditures.
- To assist the Development Director in enlisting endowment donors, annual fund activities and all other fundraising and marketing events.
- The Head interacts with the Business Director in all aspects of the fiscal operations.
- Represent the school as its chief executive officer in all dealings with other organizations, individuals and the general public.
- To facilitate good understanding and communication, and a sense of common purpose and vision for others throughout the St. Luke’s community.
- To interact with the St. Luke’s community (students, faculty, staff, parents, public, etc.) to reinforces their self-worth in mission appropriate, community building ways.
- The Head works to provide leadership, to measure, to implement and to oversee all aspects of teaching and learning.
- Work with the Board to prepare a long-range, strategic plan for the school.
- Overall responsibility for recruitment and retention of students. The Head has the authority to accept and discharge pupils according to the policy adopted by the Board.
- Responsible for maintaining state accreditation and all forms, annual report, and documentation as required by the LA State Department of Education.
- Responsible for maintaining all other accreditations and certifications (SAES, etc.).
- Believes in the whole child approach to education.
- Works well with others and has a sense of humor.
- Creative thinker and problem solver, and effectively uses technology.
- Requires organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and detail oriented skills.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below:
“Not only does St. Luke’s offer outstanding academic curriculum, they provide and nurture our children’s spiritual foundation and development. They reinforce strong character building values with our children; how to be respectful, compassionate.”St. Luke’s Parent